Now we've created a list of potential partners, attempted to contact them, shared our commitment to a goal, and established a time & place. If you haven't yet, that's ok, continue to work on the first steps until you do. The effort, at first, is a chore, but then it becomes habit, & that's what we are aiming for!
So you made it to the gym and your partner is there with you. Only the motivation is not as strong as your conversation. Keep in mind this is not uncommon. It happens way more often than not.
Let's work on developing a PaleoHabits mentality!
Here are a few steps to help ensure a strong habit of getting yourself to the gym:
1. Gather your equipment in advance. Take 2 minutes before you go to bed every day to incorporate all of your basic equipment (shoes, socks, pants, shirt, undergarments).
2. Prepare for the gym. Set aside your workout clothes/shoes in an obvious place. Make it annoyingly obvious. Put them in your way. Set them in front of the door so you can't leave without them being in your path.
3. Talk about what you want to accomplish, & do it often. Let people in on those efforts & they will pay you back with support. It's an awesome feeling you can't ignore & even deepens with time. When you have lost your motivation, those people will be there to keep you from regressing.
4. Read about your goals. Pick up a book or magazine. Read some success stories on sites like www.marksdailyapple.com or www.robbwolf.com. It can definitely be inspiring! Not only inspiring that there are many people that share your similar struggles, but more importantly, are sharing their path to achieving success.
5. Reward yourself. This is very important to your success. After you've accomplished even the smallest task, smile! Did you pack your gym clothes? Alright! You made it a step closer. Smile! Did you read an article on fitness? You've acquired information that will help you get to your desired results. Smile! Accomplishment is truly an awesome feeling!
I hope this week is a rewarding one. Keep working towards those goals!
Please comment if you have any questions, suggestions, or issues with this list; I’d be glad to provide you with more info!
I’m getting going on 2015 right now, are you?